I was nominated for this award by the lovely Alpaca blogger, Once Upon a Bookshelf. Thank you for nominating me, sweetie hehe. Please check out her blog if you haven’t already! She’s amazing!! And a really good friend and honorary older sister to me in real life ^_^
- Show the award on your blog (image widget)
- Thank the person that has nominated you.
- Share 7 different facts about yourself
- Nominate 15 blogs of your choice *help do I know 15 blogs lol*
- Link your nominees and let them know of your nomination(hyperlink)
7 Facts about me:
- I was born in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India. Coincidentally, now the state of Andhra Pradesh is split into 2 states, Telengana and Andhra. And Hyderabad is their shared capital. I can only imagine how chaotic that must be.
- It’s been 10 years since I’ve visited India. I’m planning on going after I graduate with my master’s. Should be interesting to see how much has and hasn’t changed about my hometown.
- I have a Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering. Personally, I think it’s the hardest engineering major because of the amount of physics and chemistry that needs to be mastered.
- I love reading Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings and anything Shakespeare. I think all of them are so fascinating with really well developed characters and plot lines. They make you think!
- The most difficult book that I’ve ever read *partially* is The Life and Opinions of Tristam Shandy. This was for my AP Language research paper back in junior year of high school. It’s an entire series of just stream of consciousness. One of the most idiosyncratic books I’ve ever read. I only read 150 pages of the first volume to write that paper, but I enjoyed it a lot and I’m planning on reading all 8 volumes someday. Gonna be fun LOL
- My first career goal is to become a chemical engineering professor, then move up the ranks to maybe a dean? Not sure about that. But I would like to also hold political office one day! I’m a huge activist and love the nitty gritty and the game of politics. I also think it’s a good way to give back to the communities that have helped me reach my greatest potential so far.
- *last one oh boy* I have 1 tattoo — so far. It’s on my back and it’s a tribute to my parents, my brother, and kind of a “coming out” statement for myself. The text is in Arabic which roughly translates to “Be the flower that gives fragrance to even the hand that crushes you”. And there’s 3 puzzle pieces for autism awareness. And the pieces are in the colors of the pansexual community. Haha, I’d like to get another one. I’m thinking a phoenix on the side of my stomach with a ribbon with the words “Still I Rise”. To remind myself that I will succeed, and that what had happened in my previous abusive relationship shouldn’t ever stop me.
15 bloggers that I nominate:
- Alexis Chateau
- Ramona Crisstea
- Hessian With Teeth
- The Squiggly Line
- According to the Afro Feminist
- Alysha Kaye
- William the Butler
- Cristian Mihai
- Nitya@Hermit Crab Snap
- Self Love: It’s Just Another Change
- CPL Kerkman Reference Guide
- Jnana’s Red Barn
- Brown Hair, Brown Eyes
- Life Through the Eyes of a “Cat”
- When the Time is Write
(sorry if I accidentally misspelled your blog titles~ ><) Go forth and have fun with this!! ^^